We went on our trip without a fixed itinerary. The only scheduled item we had for Paris was the walking tour on the second day which we had to leave 15 minutes after it started because the kids were going crazy. So in other words, we winged it.
I know that with all experienced travelers, RESEARCH is the number one thing they do before going on a trip. NO time should be wasted, NO opportunity missed. However, we didn’t do enough research and we didn’t make any fixed itinerary. So I therefore conclude that we are not experienced travelers.
But I did make my list of things to do and places I must see and got to accomplish most of the items on the list. Some, I didn’t get to do. Hopefully for another trip.
1. Got to see the Eiffel Tower and take a family picture. See here.
2. Saw Mona Lisa’s smile at the Louvre.
3. Checked out the padlocks at Pont des Arts
4. Went “shopping” (window) at the original Galleries Lafayette.
5. Walked down Champs Elysees and visited the Arc De Triomphe
6. Checked out the street artists at Place du Tertre in Montmartre
7. Visited some of the historic churches
8. Gawked at grand and historic architecture
What I didn’t get to do-
1. We didn’t climb de la tour Eiffel. We lingered in front of the tower, we hung out at the bottom but we didn’t climb.
2. We didn’t climb the Arc De Triomphe. For the same reasons we didn’t climb the Eiffel. Plus, it was freezing weather and both babies were being cranky.
3. Didn’t get to see Monet’s waterlily paintings at the Musee d’Orangerie
4. Didn’t go shopping
5. Didn’t see Shakespeare bookstore at the Latin Quarters
6. Didn’t see a show at the original Moulin Rouge.
7. Didn’t visit the Palace Versailles, the Palais Royale.
8. Didn’t leave a padlock at the bridge with F+R written on it
9. Didn’t do any PDA.
We got a bonus from the weather though and we got to see actual snow falling from the sky… magical!