Knowing that I would be all alone for most of the day on my birthday, I decided to make myself a celebratory cheesecake that I can enjoy alone. I wanted something easy so I decided on a no-bake cheesecake. Scoured the internet for a good recipe that didn’t involve much sugar (in other words, no condensed milk) and found one on momswhothink.com. But I made a mistake of using a cream with honey which really altered the taste for me. Apart from the cheese cake cream not hardening, the taste was just not that good. The graham crust was perfect though. It was one of the best I have ever made (and I have only made 3). I tweaked the recipe from divascancook.com by using less sugar, substituting graham crackers for the cookie crumbs and added walnuts. So I ended up just eating the crust.
So I am just offering the recipe for the crust
Rhey’s YUMM graham crust adapted from divascancook.com
- 1 cups fine/crushed graham cracker crust, i use the brand from MY San. They also have chocolate flavor graham crackers and I am so looking forward to using that one of these days…
- 1/2 stick of butter, melted
- 1/6 cup of brown sugar (or tweak according to taste)
- Place all ingredients into a bowl and crush and mix!
- Once everything looks like really good looking planting soil, start stuffing at the bottom of your dish. In my case, I used glasses for individual servings of cheesecake
- You can put in the fridge to harden a bit
So after eating, I resigned myself to not having any birthday cake this year but before the night was over, DH surprised me with a lovely slice of white chocolate low sugar cake from Chocoa. Ever since we got married, he has been getting me cake from Chocoa for my birthday. This year, because of unforeseen circumstances, he told me he couldn’t afford to get me cake (lol, we are that poor). Anyway, he still managed to surprise me with a slice and he really made my day!