Well, this isnt really anything new, but it’s a first for me. I have challenged myself to make 366 sketches, one for everyday of this leap year… I started off with things from the ‘everyday matters challenge’ list, which was generally inspired by Danny Gregory’s book Everyday matters. For the past four days I have made four small sketches which tooke up less than 10 minutes of my time. I’m still quite rusty but my sketches are pretty much recognizable. 🙂 My cousin in Australia was the first to inspire me to take up art journaling. And every time she posted her stuff in Facebook, I wanted to buy myself some art materials and start drawing. Although there were times I did go and buy the materials, there were only a few days when I actually sat down and drew something… But this year is going to different, isn’t it?
Here are a few interesting 366 days challenge taken up by some people.
1) Lisa Congdon’s 365 days of hand lettering – I am sucker for handmade stuff
2) The Thrift’s 365 days of thrifty living – you have to hand it to this family… They survived for almost a year and then what happened to them?
3) 365 days of decluttering– maybe I can try this next year? Lol
4) One of my faves- The daily monster-artist Stefan Bucher draws one monster a day.
5) Doug maverick’s 365 videos on his YouTube channel
What’s your 366 days challenge to yourself? Care to share?